Breast Augmentation in Miami
Whether you want a large or small change in breast size, picking the right surgeon for your breast augmentation is important: you don’t just need a doctor, you need an artist!
The surgeons at BECA are known for providing just the right look to fit each individual client. Call 561-270-4867 or click here to ask a question. Online and in-office consultations are available.
Our surgeons will discuss the intricate details of picking the right implant for you including position, incision site, implant volume and much more importantly implant width!
BECA Breast Augmentation Photos – Before & After
To view all Breast Augmentation patient before & after photos, click here.
Are You a Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
At BECA, we know that each patient is unique. That is why we like to meet one-on-one with you to discuss your goals for surgery, medical history and lifestyle, and to examine your breasts to determine if breast augmentation surgery is right for you. If you are wondering if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation, ask yourself:
- Am I physically and psychologically healthy?
- Are my expectations of the surgery reasonable?
- Do I understand the risks and complications (though minimal) of the surgery?
If your answer to the above questions is “yes,” we would love to hear from you! Call 561-270-4867 or click here to ask a question. We also offer virtual Skype consultations for those from out of town.
BECA Patient Testimonial
Your Choice of Breast Implants
At BECA, we offer three breast implant options to our patients: saline, silicone and form-stable silicone. During your consultation, we will discuss which is right for you.
Saline implants are made up of an outer silicone shell that is filled with saline, or sterile saltwater.
Advantages of saline implants:
- Non-toxic to the body if the implant leaks
- Less expensive than other implants
- Easily adjustable in size, as implants are filled after insertion
Silicone implants have a silicone outer shell and a cohesive silicone gel filling. Although these are not the true form stable silicone, they are sometimes refered to as the “gummy-bear” implant.
Advantages of silicone implants:
- Look and feel similar to natural breasts
- Much Less likely than saline to ripple or wrinkle, and be visible through skin
- May last longer than saline implants
- Not prone to leakage as they are filled with cohesive gel, not liquid
Form-Stable Silicone Implants “Gummy Bear”
The form-stable silicone implant is the newest generation in silicone implants. This implant, known as the “gummy-bear implant,” consists of a silicone outer shell and a form-stable silicone filling.These are most often used for beast reconstruction but ask your surgeon which implant is best for you and your body type.
Advantages of form-stable silicone implants:
- Filling holds its form, preventing rippling or folding in the implant pocket
- Comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, including the teardrop shape
BECA 3D Virtual Consultation
Implant Incision Options — Areola, Breast Fold or Underarm?
There are three incision points that our surgeons typically use in order to place a breast implant. A BECA surgeon will discuss these incisions in greater detail with you during your initial consultation.
- The periareolar incision is a circular incision around the edge of the areola (the dark-colored skin surrounding the nipple). The resulting scar is well-concealed by the dark color of the areola. This incision point may cause interference in breastfeeding and changes in nipple sensation, and may not be suitable for women with smaller areolas.
- The inframammary incision is a horizontal incision made in the natural breast fold underneath the breast, with the resulting scar well-hidden in the fold. This incision point is a better option for women who are concerned about breastfeeding complications (a risk in the periareolar incision). It may not be a good option for women with less breast tissue available to hide the scar.
- The transaxillary incision is an incision made in the crease of the underarm. Our surgeons at BECA specialize in this incision point, called the “No Scar on Breast” incision technique since it’s less invasive than the other incisions and results in no scarring of the breast, but instead leaves a small scar hidden in the arm fold. This incision technique uses a small camera and high-definition video for visual guidance during the procedure. This is one of BECA’s specialties! Call now and ask for a surgeon that offers the trans-axillary (or underarm) approach leaving you with no scar on your breast.
The fourth option is the belly button incision which has fallen out of favor as the new silicone implants cannot be placed through the belly button. However, the new silicone can be placed through the underarm leaving no scar on your breast.
Call 561-270-4867 or click here to ask a question and book a consultation. Online and in-office consultations are available.
Implant Placement Options — Over or Under the Muscle, or Both?
The implant can be placed in the body either submuscularly (underneath the chest muscle), subglandularly (over the chest muscle, but underneath the breast tissue) or, in some cases, in a dual plane position (partially under the tissue that covers the chest muscle and partially under the chest muscle itself). These implant placement options will be discussed with you in further detail during your consultation. The vast majority of the time, our surgeons will recommend the sub-muscular or dual plane technique. This technique offers a more natural look, better support of the implant, better visibility of the breast tissue on mammograms and a lower capsular contracture rate.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure
Your breast augmentation surgery will be performed at The MIAMI Institute, a “AAAHC 5-Star Rated for Patient Care and Safety” surgery center in the Four Seasons Hotel & Tower on Miami’s Brickell Ave. Enjoy a luxury medical experience and the finest in patient concierge. The surgery generally takes between thirty minutes and two hours to complete, during which time the surgeon will make an incision (through the areola, breast fold or underarm) and insert the implant. For saline, the implant will be placed in the body empty and then filled to the desired volume. The surgeon will close the incision with sutures and apply a surgical gauze and a surgical bra to your breasts. After the procedure, you will need someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours. In general, you can plan to be at our facility five to six hours on the day of your surgery.
What You Can Expect from Recovery
The first day after surgery, try to rest and relax, however, it is important to be up and moving as much as possible, including performing the exercises and massages the doctor has included in his recovery instructions. Refrain from lifting, pushing or pulling for the first two weeks after surgery.
Follow-up appointments will be scheduled for five days or so after surgery to ensure that you are healing properly. Most patients can return to a desk job a 5-7 days after surgery, and are able to resume exercise the second week usually running within a couple of weeks (with the exception of heavy chest exercises, which can usually resume after six weeks).
The BECA Difference: International Appeal for Women around the World
At the BECA Center, our surgeons have performed thousands of breast augmentations. They are known as some of the world’s most recognized and sought after surgeons, having earned an international reputation for attention to detail and natural-looking results. We have been privileged to treat a wide range of clients from different parts of the globe; women with different backgrounds and lifestyles, from mothers and students to models, actresses, athletes and foreign dignitaries. But no matter who the woman is, our goal is to make her feel more beautiful and confident in her skin.
Ready to See the New You? Schedule a Consultation
If you can’t wait to see what the new you looks like, schedule a consultation and discuss breast augmentation with a board-certified BECA plastic surgeon in Miami. We can’t wait to help you turn your dreams into a reality!
Call 561-270-4867 or click here to ask a question. Online and in-office consultations are available.